Are you curious what it looks like to actually make money from just sharing essential oils? Are you in need of a retirement or tired of living paycheck to paycheck?
Well then read on and I'll give you a little "peek inside" what sharing essential oils is all about! I am not here to convince anyone of what's best for them (lets be real, I know NOTHING about you or situation!). But what I am going to do is break down why this job has worked for me and why I truly feel its such an amazing option for so many people.
You probably have an image firmly planted in your mind of what network marketing (also known as direct sales or multilevel marketing) is all about -- housewives buying and selling Tupperware while gossiping and eating finger sandwiches, or a high-pressure salesperson trying to convince you how easily you can become a millionaire if only you and your friends and their friends and so on would buy and sell vitamins with him.
Both of these images couldn't be further from the reality of network marketing. It's neither a hobby nor a get-rich-scheme but an opportunity for you to earn money running your own part- or full-time business.
If you are looking for a Network Marketing or great work from home option, there are a lot of things that you need to consider to make sure its the right fit for you. In my opinion there are some key elements that you need to consider to make sure its the right fit for you.
- Stability. How old is the company?
- Does the company sell products or services that consumers will use and need more of?
- Compensation plan -- how even and fair and generous overall is the distribution? This is really crucial as the pay plan represents exactly how you'll get paid -- or not get paid. Have the owner (s) changed the compensation plan in the past?
- The integrity of the company and the management. Research the experience of the CEO and their experience in the network marketing industry, and their background. Have they been successful in other companies in the industry? Do they have a good reputation?
- Momentum and timing. Look at where the company's at, what's going on with the company, and if it's growing.
- Look at the support, training and business systems. You may have chosen a great company with excellent management, products that make a difference, a pay plan that's uniquely fair and very generous and momentum and stability, but if you don't have a system in place that works, all of that doesn't matter.
Now lets break each of these down in relation to doTERRA:
- Stability. How old is the company? As of the day I am writing this (2021) doTERRA is 13 years old. As far as stability-they are a debt free company. This is a big deal. The reason the owners did not accept any outside funding is because their mission in what they want to accomplish around the world is so focused and driven, they didn't want any outside sources having a say in how they run their company. Lets take a look at how they did during the pandemic. The company has grown tremendously and I can personally say I had the best year financially in my business that I ever had. My sales tripled. Not only did they thrive during the pandemic, they were still able to put on specials and spoil their customers and spoil us as advocates as well.
- Does the company sell products or services that consumers will use and need more of. Well this is definitely where doTERRA excels. Because we are in the business of natural healthcare, everyone can use it. I'm talking people who are elderly, babies, girls, boys, animals, plants, businesses, etc. Every single person can use essential oils. Not only that but our retention rate (how many times customer re-buy the products) is about 10x the industry average. The average retention rate for direct sales companies is anywhere from 2-12%. When you are in the business of trying to build residual income, you need your customers to continue buying and you cant build a very good residual income with those numbers.
Now doTERRA's retention rate is north of 67%. And that's just quarterly! If they actually measured it yearly like the other companies, its right around 80%. So think about that-if you have 10 customers, 8 of those 10 will buy at least one more product within the year. Now that is the statistic to be proud of. A high retention like that tells me that the product actually works because people are re-buying it.
- Compensation Plan This is something that is pretty in depth. Too long for me to type out in one blog. So what I will say is that doTERRA has changed the compensation plan twice. And both times it was to give us (advocates) more money and was to our benefit. That's unheard of!
I have seen professionals do comparisons of compensation plans and I've never seen one that was able to outshine doTERRA's in terms of generosity and long term income. One of the other things that I really think is worth mentioning is that if the company your joining only has 1 owner. That owner can whatever they want! If they go crazy train and want to completely take away your pay, they can. If they want to drastically change the compensation plan, they can.
What I love about doTERRA is that there are 7 owners. Its their own checks and balances. So if one of them goes off the deep end, there are still 6 owners to make sure things stay in line. The owners have said publicly that they want to be known for getting the most people out of debt. doTERRA is known as the 4 year retirement plan. Take a look at the average earnings
***This graph is based on the Opportunity and Earnings Disclosure Summary and can be found on doterra.com/us/en
4. Integrity of the Company Well this has been the one I've been waiting to talk about. I will say this with the utmost confidence and would shout it from the roof tops if I could. There is no other company that has more integrity than doTERRA. I wish I could just shoot a video and explain all the reasons why (hey maybe I just will !). So let me just give you a few reasons. They do the right thing-always. And they do the right thing on both sides of the bottle. That means they treat the communities and farmers caring for and growing our plants, fairly and with respect.
One example of the integrity of the company is that one year in Bulgaria, where we source Melissa Oil from, it rained way more than normal. And because of that, it totally messed with the chemistry of the Melissa plants. Now they were still considered pure and organic and passed all the tests that other essential oil companies use. But because doTERRA does so many additional tests (54 to be exact), they realized it wouldn't be as therapeutic as it can be. So they didn't use that batch. Would me as the consumer ever have known that it had a slightly different chemistry? Absolutely not! But I love that they did the right thing and not put that batch on the market.
Another example is their Co-Impact Sourcing initiative. In addition to supplying the highest quality essential oils doTERRA is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of farmers, harvesters, and distillers who contribute to doTERRA’s oil production.
With more than 140 origin oils in its product line, doTERRA sources its oils from over 45 countries—more than half of which could be considered developing countries. To ensure that small scale farmers and harvesters in disadvantaged areas are treated ethically, doTERRA has introduced an initiative called Co-Impact Sourcing.
Let's take a look at this ONE example out of many:
Most young girls in Somalia do not attend school due to lack of proper bathroom facilities, safety concerns/social norms, and mostly because their parents cannot afford the fees, and when given the choice, families choose to send their boys over their girls.
When dōTERRA stepped into Somalia to discuss the future of Frankincense oil, they made many promises to the Somali people. We promised no corrupt middle men, fair & consistent wages, safe working environments, but most importantly— that girls would have a safe school to go to and would be educated just like Somali boys are.
The clan leaders in Uurwayne, Somaliland agreed, and dōTERRA Healing Hands Foundation donated $117,000 to build a school that now serves over 200 children (boys & girls).
DōTERRA is also currently building a 3 million dollar hospital that will give over 400,000 people access to medical care that have never had it before.
Frankincense is so much more than just Frankincense oil.
EACH of our oils have a story. Co-Impact Sourcing is more than just sustainable farming and harvesting, and fair wages, but it's dōTERRA looking at what more is needed and what more they can GIVE to these communities to improve quality of life on MULTIPLE fronts.
Know that every oil you purchase, every oil you sell, is blessing lives around our world.
Watch the Co-Impacting story below about Somaliland:
5. Momentum and timing The timing to link arms with doTERRA could not be better. People are more open to natural solutions now more than ever! (thank you pandemic) As far as growth goes, doTERRA has similar growth to Apple (yes you heard me right! Steve Jobs and Apple lol!)-both companies hit their first BILLION in sales in their first 7 years. That's insane!! And the projected growth of doTERRA for the next ten years will blow your mind. With more and more research and studies being done, and the more medical partnerships we continue to gain, is constantly just validating the efficacy and reality of essential oils. The time is now my friends!
6. Support and Training Our team is by far the best team out there! I am in a Presidential Diamond team (meaning my immediate mentor is a Presidential Diamond-the top rank in the company) and I myself am a Diamond. Which means we know what the heck we are doing! We provide full support and free training. Its so awesome you guys! We literally hold your hand the entire way. Working with doTERRA is being a servant leader. We dig down and help people on our team because when you do well, I do well. It's a community of people all with the same goals and helping each other out. I've never seen anything like it. I love that it's not a selfish environment because there is no need to be! We all do well when we all do well! And I am not capped by the person who brought me in. Meaning they have no baring on how much money I make (very different than a traditional job where you'll never more than your boss).
How do you actually make money?
This is the best part! Not because of the making money (I mean obviously thats amazing also) but because of the simplicity of this business. We share oils with people! We see if we can help them with their health issues. If they love it, we teach them more about it. If they want to get started, we show them how. And if they do become a customer, we constantly support them with free resources and education. That's it! So if you have a passion for helping people, are self motivated and a hard worker-you can do this. What better job in the world than by getting paid to help people?
In conclusion, doTERRA has changed my life and the life of my family. We are financially free, finally out of debt, I retired my fiance and I choose my own schedule. We are truly living a life of choice and now I have dedicated my life to helping anyone that decides to link arms with me, to guide them to do the same. I will support you in any capacity that you would like to share essential oils. I meet people where they are at and make sure that I am in line with YOUR goals and what you want out of this.
I am going to leave with you some FAQs and I encourage you-REACH OUT TO ME! Even if you just have questions or comments or concerns, I'm here and I want to connect with you! Let me help you change the trajectory of your life. It's possible. Believe.
Frequently Asked Questions